What Is Facebook Page Verification?
Back in 2015 Facebook started allowing some businesses the opportunity to verify their official business page.
Basically this means that Facebook grants your dental practice Facebook Business Page (remember, not personal profile) a higher degree of authenticity.
Since your dental practice Facebook page is (or at least should be) categorized as a Local Business, Company or Organization, then your Page is eligible for the gray verification badge.
Some Pages and profiles have been verified by Facebook to let people know that they’re authentic:
- If you see a blue badge on a Page or profile, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand. Keep in mind that not all public figures, celebrities and brands on Facebook have blue badges.
- If you see a gray badge on a Page, it means that Facebook confirmed that this is an authentic Page for this business or organization.
Note: It’s not possible to purchase either type of verified badge.
So why should every dentist verify their Facebook page?
Why Verify Your Practice Facebook Page?
As you can read on this MarketingLand.com post:
The badges will help people “find the right and authentic accounts” for local merchants, Kirsten Bury, a Facebook product marketing manager for Pages, told Marketing Land. Verified Pages will also show up higher in search results.
“At scale there will inevitably be duplicates and multiple entries for the same business,” said Bury, noting that there are 45 million business Pages on Facebook. “So this is one way businesses can make it easier for people to make sure that they are finding and communicating with the right Page.”
So to recap, why should dentists be concerned with verifying their practice Facebook page?
- To show up higher in search results to attract more visitors.
- Having a verified badge lets visitors know the Page is authentic.
4 Reasons Dentists Should Verify Their Facebook Page
- Visibility: Following completion of the verification process you will see a pop-up displaying this message: “Your Page will have a verified badge and show up higher in search results to help attract more visitors”.
- Authenticity: The gray check mark icon on verified Facebook business pages communicates Facebook’s stamp of approval. That little icon means that Facebook has confirmed your page as authentic and official.
- Credibility: First impressions are important, separate your practice from the competition by displaying that little gray verification check mark.
- Duplicity: It’s quite possible that back in the dawning days of social media, your practice had more than one Facebook business page…or maybe still does. Page verification tells Facebook and your patients that your verified page is in fact the official Page of your practice. Facebook is an important local citation, duplicates hurt your rankings…on the search engines AND within Facebook’s own search engine.
Here is what the verification badge looks like (on mobile…which is probably how most people interact with your page):
Facebook’s algorithm is changing all of the time – just like Google’s – so any local business (especially dentists) should take advantage of every opportunity to boost your Facebook presence.
How To Verify Your Facebook Business Page
There are two ways dentists can verify your dental practice Facebook page, you can use your publicly listed phone number or upload a business document (ex: phone bill). You can see the steps here on Facebook’s official Help Center.
Follow these simple steps to verify your dental practice Facebook business page.
First things first, you want to make sure you’re logged in as an admin on your page. If your page is eligible, you’ll see this option in your Page’s Settings:
5 Steps To Verify Your Facebook Business Page:
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language, then click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
If you prefer to verify your Page with a business document, follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears, then upload a picture of an official document showing your dental practice name and address.
After Facebook receives your verification code or business document, they’ll review your info to confirm that it matches public records and send you a notification or email about your verification status within a few days.
Keep in mind that you’re not required to verify your Page. And here’s the video:
Now What Should Dentists Do With Their Newly Verified Facebook Page?
Well promote the shit out of it of course!
Your dental practice Facebook page should now have a nice verified gray checkmark icon next to your practice name.
- Connect with ALL of your existing patients.
- Post engaging content…consistently.
- Run Facebook Ads (not just “Boosted Posts”).
- Enable Facebook Places Tips.
- Activate your Facebook Bluetooth Beacon.
Need Some Help With Your Facebook Page?
Check out what our managed social media service does for your practice…
Latest posts by Chris Barnard (see all)
- 5 Easy Steps to Verify Your Dental Practice Facebook Page - February 6, 2017
- Ensure Your Current Patients Are Referring For You - August 1, 2016
- Dentists Get New Patients From Google…On Yahoo - February 9, 2016